The global financial crisis affected several Indian companies, resulting in distressed assets. With viable restructuring and refinancing, these assets can be revived and successfully turned around.
Edelweiss is the largest and most diversified stressed asset investor in India, focusing on assets that have a potential for revival. With our expertise in financial turnaround and the ability to provide capital through bridge loans and priority funding, we aim to get these enterprises back on track.
We have a long-term partnership with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a USD 292 billion Canadian Pension Fund, for this business.
Our business philosophy is best encapsulated as 'Resolve, Reconstruct and Revive'.
We have a composite platform that rests on Three Business pillars:
1. Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company
- Largest Asset Reconstruction Company in India
- Focused on resolving large assets by financing last-mile capital requirements and providing turnaround support
- Relationship with over 70 banks/financial institutions
2. Edelweiss Funds
- Raised & invested more than Rs.10 billion under the aegis of third party funds like EARF, ESTAR, EISAF-1
- Currently in process of deploying CDPQ & EISAF -2 funds with committed corpus of $~1.3 billion for the stressed business
3. Turnaround Management
- Strong operations and turnaround capability built
- In-house Advisory Board comprising experts from steel, power, infrastructure, manufacturing, logistics and more
To know more, visit:http://www.edelweissarc.in/home.aspx