DISTRESSED ASSETS RESOLUTION
Several Indian companies were affected by the global financial crisis resulting in assets being in distress. With viable restructuring, refinancing, these assets can be revived and successfully turned around.
Edelweiss is the largest and most diversified stressed asset investor in India focusing on assets that have a potential for revival. With our expertise in financial turnaround and the ability to provide capital through bridge loans, priority funding, we aim to get these enterprises back on track.
We have a long-term partnership with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a USD 250 billion Canadian Pension Fund, for this business.
Our business philosophy is best encapsulated as 'Resolve, Reconstruct and Revive' With a firm belief that not all Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) are bad assets, as far as possible, we work towards revival and turnaround.
We take an ‘Active Partner’ approach to resolution of acquired NPAs. This is done through:
- Acquisition of majority stake in debt to have
influence on restructuring and/or enforcement
- Providing revival capital and financial
support necessary for restart, viz. capex and/or opex
- Handholding of company through the revival phase
- Leveraging Edelweiss’s local & global
reach and financial expertise
We have a composite platform that rests on three business pillars:
1. Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company
- Largest Asset Reconstruction Company in India
- Focused on resolving large assets by financing last-mile capital requirements and providing turnaround support
- Relationship with over 55 banks/financial institutions
2. Edelweiss Funds
- Raised and invested more than Rs. 10 billion under the aegis of third party funds like EARF, ESTAR, EISAF -1
- Currently in process of deploying CDPQ & EISAF -2 funds with committed corpus of $~1.3 billion for the stressed business
3. Turnaround Management
- Strong operations and turnaround capability built
- In-house Advisory Board comprising experts from steel, power, infrastructure, manufacturing, logistics and more
To know more, visit:http://www.edelweissarc.in/home.aspx